This Friday, I'm flying out to Miami for my cousin's wedding and my skin was blemish-free and of course without FAIL, not one but, a couple appear a week prior to the big event. I've been trying to keep doing my usual regimen but it seems to me that it's not working! In an effort to boost the process of clearing up my skin I've been doing a few extra steps in my usual routine.

I cleanse my face then I put on a Dermadoctor Sulfur Mask that smells wondrous despite the fact that it has sulfur (because I've had WAY smelly sulfur masks before). Sulfur will dry up the blemish and help with inflammation. Also, since I can't find my benzoyl peroxide with 10% (the highest you'll find just about anywhere) I've had to substitute it with hydrogen peroxide. So, after the mask, I dab a little hydrogen peroxide with a cotton swab on the stubborn blemishes. Benzoyl peroxide and Hydrogen peroxide both help, like sulfur, to dry up the blemish and eliminate bacteria. If you find that your skin is too sensitive to take to the benzoyl peroxide, definitely try the hydrogen peroxide because it is much more gentle.


After that, I rub on the Murad Exfoliating Acne Treatment with salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is going to penetrate the pore and clean out the bacteria in there, it also exfoliates the dead skins cells that might be building up on your skin causing acne. Then of course, I follow up with a creamy moisturizer (Hope in a Jar by Philosophy) since the above products have a tendency to dry out the skin. From what I can see, it's been helping. So if you have stubborn blemishes try these steps!

,
Elba

Post a Comment