Okay, so I'm very pasty and it doesn't really bother me. I appreciate a nice tan but tanning and I don't mix! For me to get a tan I have to get burned first and sorry, I would rather not get a sunburned so that it develops into a golden glow. 

Since last year, I've decided to give self tanners a try because I get mocked a lot for being so fair skinned (peer pressure, right?). So far, the only one I liked was the Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel because it looked natural and didn't give me an ugly orange glow. Last year, I tried Sevin Nyne and liked it but took a shower ONE day later and it all ended up at my feet. 

So this year, I decided (like an idiot) to try different self-tanners. These included Kate Somerville's Somer360° Tanning Towelettes, TanTowel Self-Tan Towelette For Face & Body, and Sevin Nyne's new Self Tanning Lotion. Well to my surprised they ALL worked and in two hours. The darkest results I got were from the Somer360°, the lightest were from Sevin Nyne's Self-Tanning Lotion. Maybe if I had done it right I wouldn't be complaining but because I wanted to just test them out and expected them not to work I have different colored limbs.

Here are some of the pictures:
So as you can see...I'm uneven ALL OVER! -_- I took these pictures after rubbing myself down with lemon, so the tan side is actually lighter than it was in this picture! I didn't take a picture of the Sevin Nyne side because I'll do it over gain when I'm even all over.

So here are some tips if you want to try a self-tanner:
1. Try the self-tanner on a spot no one but yourself will see that way you'll save yourself from the embarrassment I'm going through right now!

2. Before putting on your self-tanner PLEASE make sure to EXFOLIATE! You want it to look as even and natural as possible! You want all of your skin to absorb it as evenly as it possibly can!
3. Make sure to wash your hands IMMEDIATELY AFTER applying the self tanner because NO ONE tans their palms!

4. If you don't like the color, use lemons to lighten up the color. If this doesn't work soak in your tub and if that doesn't work--well you're gonna have to wait it out. It should take you 1-2 weeks to be normal again because your skin will shed as it does everyday! I'm doing that right now! Haha! Teaches me to be a guinea pig!





,
Elba

Post a Comment