I used to steer clear from nude lips before, because I'm so fair skinned it was difficult for me to pull off a nude without looking, well to be honest, dead. Hah. 


Of course, as my makeup-junkie-ism grew (yes I made up a word!), I learned how to pull off nudes. The trick is to put bronzer on and to bronze up my eyes or make my eyes smoky. In other words intensify the eyes and complexion. 


My favorite nudes are glosses from Sephora and Lorac. They're both very different from each other and what I especially like is that their undertones are different and still manage to give me the nude I've been striving to find.


The first one
Sephora Ultra-Shine Lip Gloss in #14


This one is a sheer nude with a peach undertone. What I like about it, is that it lightens the natural color of my lip and yet it highlights it and picks up the tone. I ALWAYS get compliments on this one. This one can be easily duped by the Tarina Tarantino Gem Gloss called Ruffle. They're both very similar but I prefer the Sephora brand. 


The second one:
Lorac Couture Shine Liquid Lipstick in Vintage


This one is a beautiful beige nude. It's almost a very light, light, light brown. What I love about this one is that it really is like a liquid lipstick (and well duh--it wouldn't be named that if it weren't!). It's very pigmented, more so than the one from Sephora. It goes on smooth and lasts for a long time. An added plus is that it has Hyaluronic Acid (amongst other ingredients) to hydrate the lips and helluhhh, who doesn't want hydrated and conditioned lips?


An added plus for both of these lip glosses is that they SMELL DELICIOUS! ^_^


Go explore your nudes!






,
Elba

Post a Comment