Here's an embarrassing story...


It was one of those mornings where I woke up late and jumped right into the shower, got out, got dressed quickly, and left to work. This one morning, I decided to wear shorts. I get onto the train and take a seat and to my HORROR realize I had forgotten to shave my legs because I had been in such a rush. 

So as soon as I got off the train station, I went into the Duane Reade and started to look for a razor and some shaving cream to do it at work and I couldn't find any and instead I found Nad's Hair Removal Strips!

A while back ago I remember Nad's gaining a lot of popularity, this was back when I didn't care much for my body hairs since I was like 12 but my older sister totally was. She used to wax a lot and bought a tub of this stuff which was an alternative to wax but I don't remember a whole lot.

Basically Nad's is a gel alternative to wax. The gel melts with your body heat, so no need to heat up. However what I found in Duane Reade is different.

These are ready-to-use strips for ladies who want no fuss and need it off quick aka ME! So I bought it, made it to work on time, and took a 15. That's all it took, 15 minutes to do both my legs, no mess, quick, easy, a little painful and that was it! No more embarrassment.




They come like this. Then you rub them in between your hands to warm up the gel and peel it open like this:



Then you apply to the offending area, rub it in the direction of the hair growth and pull in the opposite direction. They come with Desensitizing Kava Wipes that are supposed to reduce the pain of waxing. It still hurt but not as bad as I thought it would, I'm not quite sure if the wipes had to do with that. Afterwards i used the other wipes that came in the box to take off the stickiness left behind as well. I did notice though that my skin was slightly irritated because it turned a little red. I didn't feel the irritation but I saw it. It went away after about an hour or so.

My Take:
Packaging: I like it. It's portable, no mess, fast, easy...5 out of 5!

Efficiency: Definitely pulled my hair by the roots and actually it's been about a week and no signs of new hair growth, which is great because when I shave it's like HEYYYY, I'm BACK in two days. 5 out of 5

Price: It was 11.99 for 24 REUSABLE strips. In other words, you take one strip and continue using it until it's no longer pulling any hair. For me that was about 2.5 times, so I feel like it's a good price and I only used about three strips (this really means 6 because they're double-sided). 4.5 out of 5

Setbacks: Pain of course but like I said, it wasn't really that bad! 



Hope this is helpful!

,
Elba

Post a Comment